- October 26, 2021
Check out this delicious Panchamel Dal recipe video from @hungryhyderabadii using our premium quality Malika lentils/dals and spices.
Panchmel Dal is a traditional Rajasthani dal recipe that contains the goodness and nutritive qualities of 5 different lentils/dal.
Recipe courtesy of Surbhi A. Prabhas (@hungryhyderabadii):
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 tbsp Ghee
1/4 cup Masoor Dal
1/4 cup Chana Dal
1/4 cup Tuvar Dal
1/4 cup Moong Dal
1/4 cup Urad dal
Salt to taste
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tbsp Ghee
½ tsp Cumin Seeds
1/4 tsp Asafoetida
1 medium Onion – sliced
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp- dried fenugreek leaves ( kasoori methi)
For Chilli Oil
4 tbsp oil/ghee
2 Dry Red Chillies
1/2 tsp Degi Red Chilli Powder
Fresh Coriander Leaves
Step by Step Process
1. Wash and soak the mix of 5 lentils for 30 minutes.
2. In a cooker add masoor dal, chana dal, tuvar dal, moong dal, urad dal, salt, turmeric powder, few drops of oil then put the lid on and give it 3-4 whistles.
3. Switch off the flames and let it cool down properly.
4. In a pan, add ghee, cumin seeds, asafoetida and let it splutter well then add coriander powder, add onion and sauté until translucent.
5. Now adjust salt and other spices if required as per your taste, add dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi) and add the cooked dal.
6. Boil it for 5 to 7 minutes on medium heat.
Garnish it with the prepared chilli oil and coriander sprig. Serve hot with rice or baati
Preparation of Chilli Oil
7. In a tadka pan, heat oil/ghee once it’s hot, add dry red chilli, degi red chilli powder and mix it well